Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Life on the other side

'The quieter you become, the more you can hear' 
-Ram Dass

Hello, it's been a while. 

I've been struggling finding the words to write this post. Maybe I've been out of it for too long or perhaps I am just tired. Maybe that. I am tired. 
The past eight months have been insane. So fun, so crazy, so exhausting.
After Lily has found her groove and I found my pelvis again I was able to start exercising again! What a treat. This whole mind body connection is truly no joke. 

Before pregnancy I was active in my daily life with such ease, riding my bike anywhere, popping in and out of the gym like I'm brushing my teeth. Then came the belly and everything became harder, my breathing changed the most. Granted, its harder to breathe when there is a little human inside doing summersaults. However in the midst of this new life, I forgot how to breathe in a way that keeps me grounded.  

It took me a while to come to this realisation. I just thought I was sleep deprived, hormonal, ecstatic and crazed... oh wait... that is how I was? oh. dear.

Jokes aside. I had to re-focus my breath daily, moment to moment. 
I have to remind myself to breathe from the toes to the crown of my head- effortlessly. Whatever is happening, if Lily is laughing, sleeping, crying, grunting or climbing up the walls again, I have to remember to breathe effortlessly.

Its very easy to fall into the dream clouds. Wishing for things that are not right in front of you (sleep perhaps) but it's more important to stay on the ground that you are walking on and make every moment count. It's been taking me a little while to get back to earth. My breath is what makes me stop and take a moment to listen to what is going on. Tea helps too, after my morning yoga session. I also found a mantra that works for me and keep repeating it whenever I feel out of touch with the present. 

I hope to write more in the next little while. 
Until then,








No comments:

Post a Comment

hit me with your best shot! fire aaawaaaaaay: