Monday, February 17, 2014

I smell change

Do you ever get homesick but you are actually home? I used to get it whenever I went to visit my parents back in Copenhagen while living in Canada. The first night was always so weird because I was soooo excited to be home but at the same time I felt weirdly homesick! It took me a few years to realise that I wasn't actually homesick but that it was a change in place that gave me an unfamiliar kind of feeling. For instance, when I move homes, I feel homesick in my new place for about the first week, I feel sad to have left my old apartment even though I am happy being in my new apartment. Instead of calling it being homesick I now call it change-sadness

We started getting rid of a few things today and it was officially the first day of a lot of changes that are soon to be coming our way.
Saying good-bye to the old farty couch, other smaller pieces of furniture that has served us so well and seeing a much nicer (!) living room made me get a glimpse of what excitement is in store for us. It is so freeing getting rid of stuff, throwing stuff out that you don't need but you keep thinking you might need it one day. My advice? Get rid of it! If you haven't used, worn or thought of it the past few months, chances are you will forget about it pretty easily just as well! 
We are moving to Singapore end of August and we are only taking the bare essentials with us: clothes, paintings and some cooking supplies. 
Clean slate! 

Even though I am bursting with tingly excitement for our new life and adventures I know that it will be accompanied by the change-sadness just as much... siiiigh.

On another note: first week of exams DONE and now its time to celebrate with some cake! 



Bananalicious cake! 

What you need:
5 medium super ripe bananas
6 TBSP Oil (coconut, olive, sunflower)
6 TBSP Sweetener (maple syrup, honey)
1/4 cup Choice of milk

2 Cups flower your choice
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 Cup of chopped nuts your choice
3/4 cups chopped dark chocolate (optional)
1/2 tsp salt


What you do:
Heat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius, get out your muffin pan, cake pan whatever your heart desires (I also sometimes use my brownie pan)
Mix the wet ingredients together (with or without blender, just mix it really well)
Mix all the dry ingredients well
Mix the two together and pour into cake dish and bake for about an hour, check it every once in a while, sometimes it is done quicker!

Guten Appetit!!!


(Thanks to mynewroots.org for this recipe, it is my go to recipe for a quick and delicious cake!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit me with your best shot! fire aaawaaaaaay: