Saturday, June 15, 2013

When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone

did you figure out the movie quote      ^^^
                                                   
Don't get me wrong, I love living with my husband and having someone there whenever I come home to talk to eat with giggle with and all the fun things. BUT. who doesn't like a place to themselves for a lil while? 



I really like to be alone sometimes. I forget that every now and then and I realised that I don't always take that me time that I need. 

One thing that I have trouble with is that I eat for two every night no hesitations (I just can't get the one portion cooking thing right)....

So tonight I tried to make gnocchis. I boiled and mashed some potatoes, added a tbsp flax seeds and 2 tbsp water and a clove of minced garlic and it was really nice and sticky! I was super happy because I didn't want to add any wheat (due to my last post I'm going wheat free for a lil while) aaaand I was able to make them into really cute little balls and I was stoked cause I read a few posts on how hard it is to make them and I was SO confident in my little gnocchi balls I was actually thinking 'whats the big fuss, they are the PERFECT texture, these blogs need to chiiiilllaaaaaaax' So I thought the best thing to do is to heat the pan real nice and hot with coconut oil so that when I put the gnocchis in they fry on the outside and get nice and crisp and then when I flip them they are all done and ready.... In theory I think I am right but in actual time and hunger management I was impatient, flipped them too early and ended up with one big lump of fried mashed potatoes. BUT. mhmhmhmhmmhmhmh.

DOESN'T THAT SOUND DEEEEEHHHHHLLLLLLEEEESHHHHHOOOOOOSSS??? heck yah peeps it wasn't gnocchis but it sure was a great lonesome meal of eating my belly full. 
Here's the recipe. (!!!!) (!!!) (!!) (!)

now I am going to tend to painting my nails and watching all the Sandra Bullock movies I have.

Cheerios!


New Age Gnocchis:

6 Potatoes
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
2 tbsp water
2 Medium tomatoes
hand full of fresh parsley
hand full of grated parmesan cheese
1tbsp coconut oil
salt and pepper to taste







Directions: 
1.Peel and Boil the potatoes.
2. mash them with a fork, add flaxseeds, water and garlic
3. form little balls 
4. heat coconut oil in pan
5. drop little balls into pan carefully, WAIT till they brown a bit, then flip one by one 
6. let that side brown as well
7. add the tomatoes, fry for a minute
8. add the parsley 

DONE! then add the cheese and voila maybe yours turned out better looking than mine :)

Guten Appetit!

3 comments:

  1. Alex Wyler16/6/13

    Hmmmm... certainly looks tasty...

    The Lake House has been recommended to me, many times... is it good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not Alex Wyler after all, then17/6/13

    This: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bara_brith_33441

    ReplyDelete

hit me with your best shot! fire aaawaaaaaay: