Sunday, June 30, 2013

new challenges? bring. it. on.

It was my birthday a week ago (YES one year older. weird?) I didn't want anything big- just hanging with the people I love and go sailing. It was really nice, relaxing and rejuvenating. Then we had a family member come visit us for a few days and that was a blast as well. She actually really motivated me, she was telling me how running cleared her mind, got her away from her daily worries and made her feel really good.... so- 

I am going to start running. YIKES. I am not a runner (yet) and I never considered myself a runner. But like anything else, if you put your mind to it you get it. 
So, I will start running 3-4 times a week, start slow and get my km in. I am changing hospitals and won't be riding my bike 26km a day so its the perfect opportunity to get my running legs on. 

I have also eliminated gluten from my diet completely and am waiting to see some results (or not). I will do no-gluten for another week (its been two weeks so far) and then re-introduce it and see what happens. Then I will start eliminating other things (fructose, random foods etc) to see if it makes me feel any better.
so far I have noticed a difference but in truth, I also left certain other foods away that I know make my stomach cramp... so. in the end, whatever works out is awesome but maybe I should do it one step at a time...

I am quite excited about my running challenge, I haven't signed up for a race or anything, maybe someday but for now my challenge is to get that number of km up and my confidence going. I have started this challenge a few times, gone running for a week or two regularly and then stop again (due to weather, time or whatever reasons I could suck out of my fingers) 
SO. The best way to achieve something is to set a GOAL.

My goal for the first three months of my new age:

I will Start running today (30.06.2013) and will run for 3 months (this actually made my heart jump a bit) 3x a week AT LEAST. Even if I am on holiday or whatever, no excuses (excluded: injury and sickness)

After the 3 months I will rethink my challenge and maybe even sign up for a race. who knows.

So this is a shout out to my cousin who got me inspired to become a runner even though I thought I would NEVER consider myself one in my entire life!!!

Challenges are fun, inspiring and motivational. What are you challenging yourself with?

WOOT WOOT!

Treating myself with a delicious curry after my run! Mh!

Currylicious

Need:
- 2 tsp coconut oil/Ghee
- A bunch of curry leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- Thumb Size fresh Ginger
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Medium Sized Onion
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 1.5 Cups Peas
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 2 Romana tomatoes
- 200ml Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Cardamom 



Directions:
1. Heat coconut oil/ghee in a pan, add mustard seeds when the oil is melted
2. When the mustard seeds start to pop, add chopped onion, garlic, ginger and let sauté for a minute or two 
3. Add all the spices and chopped tomatoes, fry for a minute
4. Add coconut milk, chopped sweet potatoes (add a little water if its not saucy enough) and curry leaves
5. Let simmer until the potatoes feel almost ready
6. Add peas and chopped zucchini
7. Take off the heat when the sweet potatoes are done

Serve on a bed of rice.

Guten Appetit!




No comments:

Post a Comment

hit me with your best shot! fire aaawaaaaaay: