Monday, May 20, 2013

my SIMPLE sanities

Sanity? what what? whats that?  huh? bread? omg! cat? yes please!

I was thinking about sanity and read a few books on it, did a psycho therapy to over come some of my fears and I came to the conclusion that I need to stay on track otherwise my mind goes loopy again. And that's no fun for anyone. 

I have been working on staying very aware of what I am feeling and why. This is really hard work for me, let me tell you, sometimes I just don't care why I am mad or upset, I don't want to analyse everything... but in the end.. I also want to get over it, right? so.... yeah, I do the work.

The work included some research about myself... I had to realize things that are just not working for my sanity and things that I need more of. The next step was to actually accept these things about myself (this is still ongoing) and then came the hardest step of all. To ACTUALLY do them (let those negative things go and start doing those positive things). not talk about them. not dream about them. not wish for them to magically appear. but. to. do. them... 

When my thoughts go blurry and I feel tired and overwhelmed, I know its time for yoga. So I get my shit together and go do yoga and each time it's as if I come out a whole new person, it's absolutely amazing!!!! 

When I feel stressed out but can't figure out why- I tell myself 'breathe. in. out. breathe. in. out, relax your shoulders, relax your face' and my whole body starts to relax! 

When I really don't want to do something, I do it, before letting myself get into that mind game of 'Should I really? naaaah, do it later.. no, I will do it now...or maybe later after all?' I also realised that when I make my mind up, I need to not think about it again- going to the gym for instance, I say to myself 'today I'm going.' and then move onto another topic in my mind. BAAAM.

I recently read a book called the happiness project and the author was talking about her simple truths and consequently I thought of mine. I see my simple truths to be part of who I am and also what keeps me sane.... 


  • Whenever I enter and leave a store, cafe, restaurant, bus, etc I always say hello, thank you and goodbye
  • sleep at least 8 hours a night
  • laugh at any possibility that I can (yes, sometimes it goes wrong)
  • take my bike anywhere
  • don't believe everything I hear
  • eat organic food as much as I can
  • say at least one inappropriate thing a day
  • eat before I feel starved and ready to kill someone
  • go to the gym 3 times a week
  • make decisions
  • smile at people who stare at me
  • break at least one rule a day

I realised that when I consciously work on my attitude and my emotional well being, I do feel A LOT happier. 

You?

... sometimes I also have home made ice cream and that makes me feel aaaaaaaalright.. want some?



Bananalicious Ice Cream  
Frozen Banana

Dash of soy milk (optional)
1 TBSP maple syrup/agave syrup
Topping: Crushed almonds, peanuts, chocolate sprinkles, raisins, whatever you heart desires

Take a ripe banana, peel it, break it into pieces and put it in a tupper ware and freeze it.


Take the frozen banananana out and let it  defrost a little bit (not all the way through), dash of soymilk, add maple syrup and use a purifier (not a blender) for a minute or so (you will see the consistency you want) then sprinkle your topping over it! YUUUM!


(mynewroots.org)


Guten Appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment

hit me with your best shot! fire aaawaaaaaay: